Monday, December 21, 2009

This is so tinsel...

I am always on the lookout for new Photoshop tutorials and recently came across a really cool tinsel tutorial on 'Humbug Graphics Galore'. It's really easy to follow and the results are an incredibly realistic strand of tinsel. Here is a layout I made using the tinsel I created from the tutorial.




The best part of the tutorial for me is that it showed me a different way of creating a Photoshop brush. In the past my brushes have been mostly "stamps". The brush in the tinsel tutorial utilizes the scattering technique which opens the use of a Photoshop brush to much more possibilities. I messed around with a few of my own and created a brush to make messy glitter piles. I put together a real quick example:



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers