Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Challenge

To read 52 books in 2010. 2009 was a dismal year for reading books. Now 52 books does seem like a lot but I know I can do it. I just need to give up other luxuries and hobbies. I could definitely cut back on a reality show or two. Of course there are rules involved. No book will be over 300 pages (unless I really, really want to read it.) No re-reads (that means you Ms. Austen) and finally, at least 13 books have to be non-fiction. But as rules go they are meant to be broken. I've already started the first book and it's over 300 pages. However, I will take my time and finish it in 2010 so it will still count. It is "Louisa May Alcott; The woman behind 'Little Women'.

I reluctantly allowed Tom to pick a few of the titles that I'm sure I'll regret. I can handle Dawkins but Gould too…I want to be successful, I don't want to sabotage myself. We'll see. To make it official there is a layout, of course…there's always a layout.



Feel free to recommend any book within the 'rules'.

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to read 52 in 52, something has to give though...and I can no longer keep my eyes open beyond 10 pages! I'm looking forward to following your journey AND getting some great titles for my own reading list!

    ReplyDelete

Followers